Kids of Childhood Cancer Foundation supports families going through treatment at Brenner Children’s Hospital Pediatric Oncology Ward, to ease the Childhood Cancer Journey, to make the hospital stays more comfortable.
We provide financial support – including small household bills, medical bills, food, gas cards, clothes, and toys. We hold events for the children, such as Ice Cream Parties, Polar Express parties, and LEGO Therapy Night.
We send families in North Carolina on respite vacations to our Safe Haven Beach Condo on Topsail Island, to escape from their harsh reality. We provide support for whatever is needed on an individual basis.
- Provide “Safe Haven” for the families to “escape” from the cancer world, even if just for a little while
- Provide financial assistance to families for small household bills, medical bills, insurance, or whatever might be needed on an individual basis
- Provide snacks for the Pediatric Oncology Ward
- Provide clothes, toys, stuffed animals to provide happiness for the children
- Develop relationships with the kids and families, and provide emotional support
- Adopt multiple families for Christmas each year
- Hold events on the ward for the kids
- Polar Express night (Christmas party)
- Pajama party
- Lego therapy night
- Ice cream/movie night
- Supply gas and food for the families while staying at Safe Haven
- Purchase a larger home at the beach, to accommodate multiple families with medical staff on-site