To support families going through Childhood Cancer treatment at Brenner's Children's Hospital, to ease the Childhood Cancer journey. We strive to make hospital stays more comfortable. We wish to raise Childhood Cancer Awareness, fight for more funding, and one day find a cure.
CHILDHOOD CANCER FACTS
- Each school day, 46 children are diagnosed with cancer.
- One in 330 children will develop cancer by age 20.
- Each year in the U.S. over 12,600 children are diagnosed with cancer.
- Although the 5 year survival rate is steadily increasing, one quarter of children diagnosed with cancer will die 5 years from the time of diagnosis.
- Cancer remains the number one disease killer of America's children - more than Cystic Fibrosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Asthma and AIDS combined.
- 80% of children have metastatic disease at time of diagnosis as compared to only 20% of adults.
- These children need a cure.